Monday, August 10, 2009

Morton's: The Steakhouse

Morton's Steakhouse


Once again...Restaurant Week! If you have not tried dining out during restaurant week...do it. This affords you the opportunity to try out restaurants to see if you enjoyed the food and dining experience without a large price tag. On that wise, I had been hearing lots about Morton's (some good, some bad). It does give you that "restaurant that high class mobsters in NY would frequent" feel...real "steak housey". I did like that they had an area that had lockers with bottles of wine in them. I'm assuming that these were for "regulars" so that they could house their favorite vintage.





1st course: We both ordered the Cesar salad...I had mine with the anchovies...nothing too special about it.

The filet was perfectly cooked and was not bad at all.
(not blown away though)


Now, I must admit that the Lyonnaise potatoes were darn near incredible.
I know that these were just potatoes and onions but they were great!


The grilled asparagus was pretty darn good...firm yet fully cooked with just the right amount of char from the grill.

Angela ordered her filet butterflied and well done. The steak guy really knows his stuff because it was still not dry.

I was surprised to find deserts this good in a steak house.
The chocolate mousse was wonderful.

When in doubt...get the creme brule'. It was very well done.


Synopsis: Over all, I was not not really blown away by this spot. I can not say that I would drive all of the way across town to visit this place...maybe just for Restaurant Week...maybe.

No comments: